Thanks. Do they specifically mean the same account using both 2004/2008, e.g. 2004 on a desktop, 2008 on a laptop? Do they mean shared calendars or appointments between users on different versions? Do they mean the server will have problems, or just the client? Do they mean all version of Exchange server or just certain ones?

Sure, feature discrepancies will make differences between the apps apparent and certain things not work across versions, and certain things will display differently, but for basic calendaring and email I don't see why cross-versioning would actually cause significant problems. It's not unusual.

Are there kb articles you can point to? Or anything else more specific? I'm not challenging you -- please don't take this the wrong way -- I'm genuinely interested in more info. I'm also wondering if MS pre-sales wasn't giving the lazy company line: for all of our new features to work well, you'll all need the latest version of everything. Which is not the same thing as saying you'll actually have problems if you don't. Thanks again!

Keeper of the Magic Nickel