Having successfully restored my OS and files to a new hard drive from Time Machine backup [see "Wonky startup and freezes (iMac)"], I just had occasion to try to access Recovery HD via ⌘-R. The only thing that happened was that my iMac tried to go to "Internet Recovery".

I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that restoring my OS from TM would also include the (invisible) Recovery HD, since that was part of my original installation and ostensibly would have been backed up as part of my disk.

When I restored my disk contents via TM, there was another option available, namely to install the original Mac OS X 10.7.2 (which the iMac shipped with originally). Should I have installed that (on the drive vs disk?) instead of my disk (first)?

I was able to use my Recovery Disk Assistant thumb drive to gain access to Recovery HD (since that's all the RDA contains and actually shows up as the drive's name).

Is there some way of reinstalling Recovery HD so that it can indeed be accessed via ⌘-R?