Originally Posted By: JoBoy
- Sorry if I didn't make myself clear to you. [...] I'm well aware of the parameters you list here and thought I made myself clear on that point.

- I started this discussion wondering if: "Do you know if the 27" has the same relative dimensions as the 30" or if it is proportionately higher or wider?
- If, by some miracle, they had the same screen height but not the same width, I might be able to save $999.00 by using them together.
- My take home from this discussion is that I will likely want two 27" monitors if a 30" monitor is not available.

There's no need to apologize. I folded my replies to both you and ryck into a single post to save some space/indulge in my lazyness (take your pick). wink

Although I cannot test this in practice myself, I'm pretty sure that the vertical screen dimensions of the 30" and 27" don't (sufficiently) match. This is because (a) the vertical resolutions differ, (b) the pixel sizes differ, and (c) the physical vertical screen dimensions differ. The fact that there's a better horizontal match is not really relevant here.

Summarizing, your conclusion to combine two current model 27" monitors makes excellent sense, and is considerably cheaper than the previous 30" option to boot. tongue

alternaut moderator