To view Picasa online albums, all you need is a web browser and the albums' URLs. The Picasa desktop photo editing app for Mac OS X is used to compose and upload albums to the Picasa web album site. I have used the Picasa app a few times, and it works well. Possibly because of my experience with other image processing apps, I found its user interface and work flow quirky at times, but you'll get used to that pretty quickly. The app starts its work by cataloging image files (JPEG, GIF, BMP, PSD, and movie files) on your Mac, making it easy to pick those you want to put in a web album.

Once selected, there are some image editing tools available for your perusal, and you can add captions and music to your images, organize them and and upload the album with various compression settings. The editing and compression tools are optional, i.e., you can use your preferred alternatives if you want them at all. Finally, you can set access privileges via the URLs you send to prospective viewers. You get a reasonable but limited amount of storage space for free, and can buy additional space if needed. I cannot say anything about what Google might do with your images, but it's safe to say you lose control over them once they are online. More reviews HERE.

alternaut moderator