My father was old-fashioned in that he had faith that our government was wise and benevolent. When the Warren Commission report was issued, he took it at face value, reasoning that so many distinguished men would have taken every precaution against error and that the issue was thoroughly investigated.

My position is quite different. I am sure that we will never know, for certain, what happened but my hypothesis is that JFK was killed on orders of the Mafia. He went after organized crime, forcing J. Edgar Hoover to investigate them and prosecute. Robert F. Kennedy was too happy to do it, despite assurances from Joseph Kennedy that it wouldn't happen. Joe Kennedy was known to have ties to the Mafia, and it has been said that Sam Giancana, the Chicago don, set both JFK and RFK up with Marilyn Monroe.

According to some, the Mafia had Hoover in their pocket because they had photographic evidence that Hoover was gay, consisting of him cross-dressing (and maybe other things). So, Hoover made it a practice to deny that there was any such thing as organized crime.

According to my hypothesis, JFK was murdered to protect the mob and I think it possible that Hoover had some knowledge of this, although I find it hard to believe that he actually participated. Let's remember that RFK was also assassinated some years later and Monroe died under suspicious circumstances.

Any other conspiracy theories out there?

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365