I had turned 19 just a coupl'a days earlier and was in the Brooklyn College cafeteria when the news broke. I don't remember how I got it; I do remember being stunned at the thought of something so terrible and senseless having happened. (I remember going home immediately after hearing - to an equally stunned family - but I've no idea whether I has already finished my classes for the day or cut what was left. smile )

I also remember 11/22/63 as having been a sad day for America in another sense: JFK's assassination ushered in the dawn of media overkill...commentators repeating themselves endlessly for hour after hour, day after day, in fact, pretty much never adding an iota of new info to their commentary, nothing changing other than their ties being looser this hour than they were last hour, totally wrapped up in imaginary glory. I found it appalling (Edit: and finally had enough and turned the TV off after watching a seemingly endless loop of Lee Harvey Oswald getting shot)!

Last edited by artie505; 09/08/13 07:44 AM. Reason: Better word & Edit

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire