All hard drives, including the external hard drives, are Time Machine format. The Mountain Lion Drive is the only bootable drive that I currently have and my wife's Snow Leopard drive is the only bootable drive she currently has.

I expect to need an updated version of DW on a new Mac Pro as well as an updated version of the MacOS 10 (probably Mavericks).

The statement I made in my last post that says "Each of us also has an external backup for the Mountain Lion drive." is flat out wrong. Sorry. That's very confusing. I have an external backup for my Mountain Lion drive and my wife has an external backup for her Snow Leopard drive. That's so all of our eggs are not in one basket on my machine. If my Mac has a disaster that destroys all the hard drives, we each have another backup sitting on our respective external drives.

If I were desperate to speed up DiskWarrior, I'd have to partition one of the three hard drives and install Mountain Lion on the new partition and then install DiskWarrior on the new partition. To me, it isn't worth the effort. I have too much on my plate right now. My reason for starting this thread is to know if it is possible and desirable to run both DiskWarrior and TechTool Pro during my periodic maintenance.

Last edited by JoBoy; 09/05/13 08:40 AM.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5