Again, the Lounge IS supposed to be an [almost] anything goes forum. That's the whole point of it. Seems like your problem with it, like mine, is that it also merges the old "Tech Issues" forum (see MFIF archives). So maybe the real request is to have tech issues removed from the Lounge, not vice-versa?

Of course much of the proliferation of tech issues in the Lounge is because of the mods moving anything that is not specifically a troubleshooting question there. I think that practice is confusing and not user friendly, especially since most forums don't differentiate between a tech discussion and a tech question the way the mods do here. For example, personally I believe that a discussion of Mac networking without a specific troubleshooting question is just as useful to readership of the Networking forum as a specific question. If the mods want to differentiate, I would either (1) tag questions as such and optionally allow the OP to mark as solved/helpful/etc, while also allowing discussions in the same forum, or (2) create other tech discussion forum(s). Moving useful technical discussions to a catch-all Lounge forum where they sit next to random and often irrelevant threads and are therefore essentially lost to anyone but hardcore devotees doesn't serve the best interest of anyone, IMHO. Never has.

Keeper of the Magic Nickel