As some of you avid readers may know, I am (have ordered),for my wife, a new macmini, hopefully installed with Leopard and not SL ( for reasons already discussed) and will now be confronted with, to me at least, the problem of migrating from a PPC (G4 Tower 400 Mhz OSX 10.4.10) to an Intel mac(hine).
The reason/s that it may be problematic to me - in addition to the fact that I easily become confused (another story mad) - is that her existing computer is partitioned 5 fold (don't ask crazy ) and she has an external drive with her music on it.
Initially what I am wondering is what will happen if I just try to dispense with the partitions. In other words how would Migration Asssistant (or whatever it's called) deal with the multiple "volumes". Would I need to create folders prior to migration? In which case how would I do it if "migration" is the first thing most people would do - I think (that's dangerous). Can one "interrupt" the normal procedures and sort of go back and forth? confused
I'm sorry if this seems vague but I did used to have a number of, umm, MacFixIt Forums articles bookmarked on this subject, but they suddenly seem no longer available. shocked mad I would, therefore, be grateful for advice on any potential pitfalls I may encounter on this "journey" ( I hate the way that word is used nowadays).
Thanks in advance of all your suggestions. Regards. Mike