Apologies Tacit and ganbustein for being so long getting back to both of you.

Originally Posted By: tacit
IGo to www.google.com on our iPad and see if you have accidentally set Google search preferences for something other than what you want.

I can't remember ever setting preferences for Google. It's just always been the search engine on my Safari and it's always worked.

However, I did go to the google.com site but found that I need to register et cetera before entering. I'm not much for leaving my personal information just because someone asks so I took a flyer on that.

Originally Posted By: ganbustein
I tried that search phrase on my iPad. As I was typing it, I kept getting both "Google suggestions" and "On this page (no matches)", right up until I typed the final "e" at the end of software. Before typing the last letter, the "Google Suggestions" had narrowed down to only "ipad meeting recorder software". Typing that last letter removed "Google Suggestions", leaving only "On This Page (no matches)".

My experience was similar but not the same.

I had five results until I typed the first "s" of software at which point the only result was "ipad meeting recorder s" and pressing it just took me back to the last page I had visited - a medical information site.

This is not a show-stopper for me although it would have been nice to get a fix. However, both Yahoo and Bing are available for those times when Google won't come through, and they both seem to be pretty good.

Thanks, both.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C