Artie505:

I can see a lot of institutions and companies resisting the consolidation of computing into server farms controlled by a few companies for the main purpose of extracting more money out of the users. We may be reaching a place where the potential of the Internet and software is being fulfilled and that is why the cloud idea came up. If you can't keep dazzling them with progress, then control them physically and start a new paradigm. I don't know where Apple is going, but they don't have the same pizazz as the Jobs eras. He was one of a kind.

I can see a lot of folks going back to Unix and a new era of Unix software emerging as a commodity product along with separate Internet or satellite transmission capability.

If the cloud folks become too few and they tend to control the industry and keep their prices about the same, the antitrust laws will kick in like they did with the oil companies several times in the past. Well, enough of this speculation. This is the first time I've really become unhappy with Apple and Adobe. I've always thought Microsoft was on the edge of antitrust violations and IBM before the advent of Bill Gates who let them nuture him when he came on the scene.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5