Originally Posted By: ryck
[quote=ryck]I tested on the iPad with these words "ipad meeting recorder software". Both Yahoo and Bing gave pages of results.

Google provided only the terse "No Matches". However, on my iMac, Google had all kinds of responses.

I tried that search phrase on my iPad. As I was typing it, I kept getting both "Google suggestions" and "On this page (no matches)", right up until I typed the final "e" at the end of software. Before typing the last letter, the "Google Suggestions" had narrowed down to only "ipad meeting recorder software". Typing that last letter removed "Google Suggestions", leaving only "On This Page (no matches)".

The "Search" key (the one where the return key is, normally) was still active, so I pressed it and got lots of Google hits.

It looks to me like Google doesn't bother suggesting strings that are not longer than what you've already typed in. (What would be the point? You've already typed it in.)

The "(no matches)" comment only applies to "On This Page". Google's not offering new longer suggestions doesn't mean what you've typed won't find anything. Just go ahead and tap "Search".