Well, so much for economic common sense; I feel like I just bought an Aston Martin as a station car...like I'm ready for the Information Autobahn, but stuck on an information side-street.

I bought the i7, and parked at the station or stuck in traffic, I'll still have one hell of a vehicle! smile grin cool

Many thanks for pointing me towards Small Dog; I had actually done some cursory searching, but I didn't really know where to look or, for that matter, exactly what I was looking for, and it never even occurred to me that the "sorta deadstock" Macs they're selling existed. (I've shied away from Small Dog in the past because they didn't accept PayPal, but I'm pleased to report that they now do.)

(The new deuced Mac(hina) cost $1,160 + $5 shipping, and I busted my piggy bank last night and found $1,172!!! cool I still need to come up with $300 for AppleCare and a new printer [since I'll no longer be able to run a Leopard partition], but selling my old deuced Mac(hina) ought to cover that with maybe some change.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire