As for supporting the resale market I think it should be noted that Apple is first and foremost a hardware manufacturer and makes exactly zero dollars from resales but at the same time they spend a LOT of money on support of that market. Applecare, for example, does not attach to the purchaser rather to the item purchased. So when I transferred a MacBook to a young friend going off to college and it subsequently cratered, she took it to the Apple Store and they honored the AppleCare without question. Apple determined the MacBook was not going to work and replaced it. They gave her a new MacBook with a full warranty plus two years of AppleCare. All at no cost. Find another company that supports the resale market better than that if you can.

If you fell as hostile toward Apple as you indicate, take a look here, here, here, and here where you might find something that more closely fits what you want.

As for me, I will stick with a company that consistently has the highest customer service ratings in the industry and has always been the technology leader in the market, Apple.

If you or anyone else wants to continue this thread, I will be happy to move it to The Lounge as it is getting further and further removed from anything resembling actual trouble shooting.,

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein