I've been on the road again and unable to take the time to follow this thread. I'm now back and see that I did not follow the account setup procedure you mention. I just started entering items on their respective days on the Calendar without any setup. So I just went to System Preferences and clicked Mail, Contacts & Calendars. None of the account choices applied. For example, I do not use iCloud at all. It is relatively new and I don't like to send my data to a server farm somewhere. I have a lot of proprietary data on my Mac that I want to protect as securely as I can. I back up and sync my iPhone 4S to iTunes and use TimeMachine to back up to two hard drives, one of which is external.

I selected Add Other Account... That presented a series of choices. The choice that appears to be most appropriate is "Add a CalDAV account." My problem is that I don't know what a CalDAV account is. I looked it up in Wikipedia, but that wasn't really helpful. Can someone please tell me if I'm headed in the right direction? I don't want to spend a lot of time messing with something that might be another blind alley. I've already done enough of that. I had no problem setting up Mail accounts, but CalDAV is new to me.

Last edited by JoBoy; 03/04/13 05:37 PM.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5