Originally Posted By: jaybass
Apart from that, Is ML better than SL?

Let me begin by saying I am a compulsive early adopter. I installed the OS X Public Beta the day it was released and, in so far as possible, I have installed every subsequent OS X upgrade and update on the day of its release. So my opinion should be considered in that light.

Whether Mountain Lion is better than Lion or Snow Leopard is arguable, but the fact of the matter is Mountain Lion is a supported product and Snow Leopard is not. Mountain Lion is still being updated including improved security and Snow Leopard is not. More and more apps are coming out that work on Mountain Lion and not on Snow Leopard. Rumors about a possible OS X 10.9 release this summer are floating around and whether 10.9 ships this summer or this fall it will be that much steeper a climb to upgrade from Snow Leopard and neither Lion nor Mountain Lion will be available as an alternative. I could not begin to list all of the changes between Lion and Mountain Lion, much less those between Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion. Basic functionality is pretty much the same, but the changes are numerous and many of them subtle though important. To me the most noticeable differences are those relating to increased the system security, integration with iCloud, and the extensive integration of touch pad navigation and control. I wasn't sure I wanted to give up my mouse, but now I have a wireless touchpad and going to a machine that uses a mouse is a genuine pain in the nether regions. As to iCloud integration I wasn't sure at first what I was going to do with it, but as an iPhone and iPad as well as Mac user, I would not want to be without iCloud to make the use of all my devices seamless.

Originally Posted By: jaybass
I am wondering if upgrading to mountain lion will resolve this issue

I can say with absolute confidence in the accuracy of my answer, I have no idea. wink

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein