I'm home and have reinstalled OSX 10.8.2. The calendar app on my Mountain Lion truly is named Calendar. When I make changes in an existing item on the calendar or open a new item, the word Apply appears in the lower right corner of the rectangular window where the changes are made. The date of Calendar is August 24, 2012. Reinstalling Mountain Lion 10.8.2 did not "refresh" or update Calendar to today's date or any other more recent date than what was shown before reinstallation of Mountain Lion.

I have decided to use only the hours and minutes settings offered by Calendar and avoid manually set ones like "40 minutes." I'll see if that avoids the problems mentioned.

I was not able to find, in the App Store or Apple Downloads, an update for Calendar that was newer than August 24, 2012.

I honestly don't know what else to do. If the standard hours and minutes settings work without a problem, I will probably try the 40 minutes again because it is how long it takes me to get ready and drive to a destination. That way, I won't be late as long as I act immediately when the alarm goes off.

If anyone has any comments, they would be most welcome.

Last edited by JoBoy; 02/26/13 12:16 AM.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5