I went to the Apple store today. The iPad can connect there. Brought it back to the condo, and the same: "Safari cannot connect to the internet". The iMac still finds no problem with the WiFi network at the condo.

The ipad is WiFi only. I have, of course, powered off the iPad and then powered it back on. Nada. WiFi is on in Settings. There, my network is shown. I tap to join it and put in the password and I get the message "unable to join the network".

I have reset all Network Settings. Nada. Also in Safari, I cleared cookies and data.

I'm now left with your final resort suggestion -- a full reset. I'll have to get my nerve up for that.

There is something I have not mentioned. Forty days ago my wife let the iPad (it's hers) slip off a pile of newspapers onto a ceramic floor. There is a visible crack on the screen, though one cannot feel it. Right after the accident, we went to talk to the Apple store people about the accident. They said it was not serious unless we twist or otherwise deform the iPad. After that accident, no problems for thirty seven days until the WiFi ceased to work. I figured then as one possibility that the WiFi not working had to do with the accident. But, if so, the WifI should not work at the Apple Store. That was my motivation for today's visit to the store. But today we found out that the WiFI does work on another network!