Yes, it's connected to the router wirelessly but I meant physically I don't want to bother. I will click on that link you gave me. Thanks a lot.

Rita

Originally Posted By: alternaut
Originally Posted By: plantsower
It's a Belkin. But if it means I have to deal with that unit or hook my computer up to it, forget it. It's in a high-up, awkward place and I don't want to deal with it.

Your Mac is already connected with your router, or it wouldn't do you any good, would it? However, many routers need to be connected with an ethernet cable to be configured, even when you intend to use it as a wireless router, so that may be an issue.

Routers are usually configured via built-in setup pages, which you can access with a web browser on your Mac. You do that by entering the setup page address in your browser's address bar, the same way you would surf to a web site by typing in its web address. Belkin routers use http://192.168.2.1 as address. That will bring you to the login screen. By default, there is no password, so you can just hit Return to proceed, but you can set one (recommended). You may find more detailed instructions for the various configuration options (and where to find them) via this Belkin Support page.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8