> The question of whether or not it is legally sellable is one I would leave to the consideration of Apple's excellent staff of intellectual property attorneys. They earn a lot more than I ever did for doing exactly that.

I was just wondering whether I missed something obvious. (Having been taken down once by BSA (...vindicated, but it cost me a selling opportunity), I've since paid attention to what's being offered, such as Mountain Lion installation thumb drives, and I've been amazed at the fact that obvious bootlegs are getting by simply because their listings don't include any flagged keywords, such as "backup disc," like mine did.)

> My question is why would anyone pay $3.95 plus shipping and handling for something Apple has already installed on your computer if you are running Lion or Mountain Lion?

Actually, they're being offered for as much as $8.99 (delivered), and I'll guess that the buyers are either just plain ignorant about what they're buying and/or possessed of larcenous souls.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire