That's right and I would have tried it, but there is a small detail that bugs me to this day. Dragon Dictate 3 for the Mac will not accept MP3 files! It's as though they are trying to maintain a distance between Windows and Mac, but I'm not sure of the reason. Are they trying to protect DNSv12? I don't know. Sony software on Windows will convert my current Sony recorder's files to MP3, but I can't use them on DD3 for the Mac. That's why I looked and finally found a Sony recorder that apparently produces a Mac-compatible uncompressed audio file. I've had a lot of excellent service from Sony recorders, but now I need a Mac-compatible file for DD3. Another thread documents my travails in that effort. See the topic "Re: Current status of speech to text?".

My interest in uncompressed audio files for use on DD3 skyrocketed yesterday when I received DD3 and installed it. Instead of doing only one voice training session for DD3 to get used to my voice, I did all four of them. I then used the microphone that comes with DD3 to dictate a fifteen-minute speech I gave a while ago that already had been reduced to writing the hard way. The accuracy was incredibly good--far beyond anything I was expecting. If this result carries over to the uncompressed files I hope to get from the new recorder, I'll be amazed and very happy. However, I'm saving the celebration until it actually happens. The recorder will arrive tomorrow or the next day.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5