Originally Posted By: JoBoy
After the recording is finished, I plug in a USB cord and move a copy of the file from the Sony recorder to a folder on Windows7. Sony software on Windows7 will play it back so I can manually transcribe it to a document on my computer.

Just a thought....if I understand the issue correctly....why not just get a recorder that has the features you want and then convert its recorded material to the format you want for transcription?

I use an Olympus recorder for meetings and like you, just plug in the USB and drag the WMA file to my hard drive. I then open the file with Amadeus Pro where I can edit out extraneous material et cetera, and transcribe. Amadeus can "Save As" in about 10 different formats, one of which is AIFF.

It might be worth checking.

NOTE: The Pro version of the software does a lot more than you need but they also have a "Lite" at a much reduced price. And there may be others out there, I only mentioned Amadeus as it's the one I use for this and other functions.

Last edited by ryck; 11/28/12 09:56 AM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C