UPDATE:
I received Dragon Dictate v3 for the Mac today. It's like a different world compared to the problems associated with DNSv12. For lack of a better term, DD3 is, well..., more Mac-like. Installing on Mountain Lion 10.8.2 was a breeze. DD3 offered a tutorial which I followed carefully. It had none of the extraneous clutter that DNS has accumulated. Using the included microphone, I went through the tutorials where the app becomes acquainted with my speech. They required only one voice training exercise, but I went through all four voice training exercises plus the one they use to demo how it's done. I did this because my recorded speeches contain a lot of jargon and I expected to have difficulty training DD3 to get things right. After surviving the tutorial and voice training, I used the included microphone and read aloud one of the speeches I made a while ago just to see how it would turn out using dictated words instead of recorded words. I didn't dare to look at it until I finished dictating. This was my first attempt at dictating a document, so I did not attempt to do much punctuating.

I have to admit that the result was nothing short of amazing!. There were only a very few errors. The punctuation was not perfect because I haven't learned to punctuate while dictating, but DD3 did a very creditable job just guessing where the periods, commas and apostrophes should be. it will continue to be an issue when I transcribe recorded speech, but I'm not worrying about it now because DD3 by itself gets punctuation right most of the time. The spelling was incredibly good--better than my pronunciation deserved. I could not hope to have a better result. Having undergone some of the training on DNSv12, I can say that, in my opinion, I was grossly misled by the sales person who assured me that DNSv12 would work on Windows7 via VMware on a Mac. The experience I've had today is really encouraging. I can't wait to receive the digital recorder that produces recordings that are compatible with DD3 on the Mac. UPS sent me a notification today that they had a problem and the package won't arrive until Thursday or Friday. That's when the rubber meets the road for me. Hopefully, it will be a result that will encourage others to jump in. I first bought a Nuance product, version 9 for Windows in 2006 that I used on a Dell PC. That was a flop. I then suckered for DNSv12 about six weeks ago and that was a flop because I was over-sold by the sales person. This third try is looking very good, but I'll hold the celebration until I see how it works with the recorder. Thanks for your patience and sympathy.

Last edited by JoBoy; 11/28/12 03:55 AM.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5