Moving an audio file from the recorder to the computer is something with which I'm very familiar. That's what I do now using Sony recorders and Sony software to play back my speech on my computer. After the recording is finished, I plug in a USB cord and move a copy of the file from the Sony recorder to a folder on Windows7. Sony software on Windows7 will play it back so I can manually transcribe it to a document on my computer.

There's a thread here ("Re: Current status of speech to text?") that describes my disillusioning experience trying to use DNSv12 on Windows7 running on VMware to electronically transcribe speech to text in a Windows environment. Rather than repeat that here, you can just look at it there. It will probably be the end of the week before all the pieces arrive so I can try DragonDictate 3, but I definitely will let you know when I have some results to report. Given my past experience, I'm reasonably optimistic about the file transfer, but we'll never know for sure about the electronic transcription until we try it. Thanks again for all the help. It's really appreciated.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5