As you can tell, I'm an ignoramus about audio recording. I read the same Sony product page before ordering the recorder. It says: Music can be recorded in MP3 or linear PCM.
According to Nuance, MP3 is NOT compatible with Dragon Dictate, but if the Mac equivalent of linear PCM is .aiff, I'm home free as I see it.

Here's a snippet from a Nuance web page:

Dragon NaturallySpeaking for your PC can recognize .wav, .wma, .dss, ds2 and .mp3 files.

Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 supports .wav, .m4a, .m4v, .mp4, .aif, and .aiff audio file formats.

I've learned in using Nuance's web site to follow Ronald Regan's old saying about foreign affairs: "Trust, but verify."

Your comment about the Mac file format equivalent for (L)PCM being AIFF combined with Nuance's list of supported file formats for Dragon Dictate gives me new hope that I've found the right recorder. Time will tell, but you have given me hope that I didn't have before your answer. I didn't have a clue about that. Thanks.

Last edited by JoBoy; 11/26/12 09:24 PM.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5