Originally Posted By: ryck
Originally Posted By: artie505
....you can "turn the other one off" by navigating to /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office Converter Support/Open XML for Word.framework and simply inserting an *, like so: /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office Converter Support/*Open XML for Word.framework.

That didn't work. I just got the message:

Open XML Converter cannot find the components needed to convert files. To restore these components, install the Open XML Converter again.

Anyway, although it appears I could now install everything from scratch, I'd just as soon first try turning the converter off in the app - and avoid having to do all those updates.

OK... After you turn /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office Converter Support/Open XML for Word.framework back on by removing the *, here's what you do:
  1. Navigate to /Applications/Open XML Converter.app
  2. Control/right click on the app
  3. Click on "Show Package Contents"
  4. Navigate to /Contents/SharedSupport/wordcvtr
  5. Turn off "wordcvtr," same as before
  6. Pray, but maybe read the following first
I did a Google search for "Class NLAssertionHandler is implemented in both /Applications/Open XML Converter.app/Contents/SharedSupport/wordcvtr and /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office Converter Support/Open XML for Word.framework/Versions/12/../../../MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions/12/MicrosoftComponentPlugin" and came up with Open XML conversion failed after updating word and Open XML Converter, which is somewhat informative, but not the least bit helpful.

Good luck!

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire