I usually have no trouble by calling my local Comcast office, but they have been very busy lately ever since they admitted to me that there had been a massive fraudulent email sent purporting to be from Xfinity/Comcast that asked for password. I suckered for that because the forgery was so well-done, but when page two showed up and they wanted social security number, credit card number, and other personal stuff, I backed off fast and called the local Comcast number. The tech support guy gave me a new temporary password immediately to cut off access to my account and I then changed it to a more complex password that only I knew. Later, I tried to change it again because the complex one I had dreamed up was hard to remember and type easily. When I clicked to change the password, a black film showed on the window and the words "You don't need to change your password" came up. When I tried to connect the local guy again to see if that was Comcast or somebody else doing that trick, I couldn't get through. I decided to assume that it was Comcast's way of blanket freezing of password changes to prevent massive, illegal invasion of customer accounts. I haven't tried to go back and see if things are back to normal. I thought I'd give them a week before fiddling around with my account again.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5