This is the first time I've had to retrieve something from Time Machine and I am finding the directions to do so difficult. See below:

Restore a single file or folder
If you’re just looking for a certain file or folder, start by connecting your drive and launching Time Machine. Choose Enter Time Machine. All of your saved backups will appear in chronological order, and you can use the visual timeline on the right hand side to scroll through your backups to look for specific items or folders. Older dates are indicated in pink, which show data saved on your backup drive, and the most updated data on your Mac is indicated in white (hint: It says “Now” in bold, white letters).

I don't know where to access the actual time machine. I clicked on Time Machine in the finder and just got a little window saying "backups". I click on it but it just goes from folder to folder. When I clicked on the Applications folder in this series, and then Stickies, it said I can't open it because it's in a time machine backup! What? I typed "stickies" into the spotlight within the Finder and three different stickies come up but it's just saying I HAVE Stickies. I want a certain sticky file because I accidentally deleted it.

So, I can't find a way to "Enter the Time Machine" as described above. Feeling pretty silly right now. I need a step by step that I can follow.

Thanks.

Rita

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8