OK. I think I have all my questions answered (unless more pop up smile. Thank you, and thanks to everyone who took time to help me on this arduous journey into a new OS.

I will be ordering a Missing Manuel book soon, so I won't need to ask to many questions.

Thanks again to everyone for your kind assistance!

Rita

Originally Posted By: ganbustein
Originally Posted By: plantsower
OK, now we're getting somewhere. Would it be fine to have 3 partitions? One for TM, one for Mt. Lion clone and one for Lion clone?

Yes, that would be fine.

Would it be advisable to clone the whole hard drive? If so, would I need a 4th partition?

Each of the Lion and MtLion clones would, presumably, be a clone of the whole (internal) hard drive. From what you've said, you have very little of your own personal data as of yet, so there's no reason to go through the hassle of excluding your personal files from either of these clones. Another clone would be superfluous.

Also, should I make some kind of mistake when using SD and TM and get something in the wrong partition, can I just move it or delete it and start over? I'm hoping they ask which partition I want to use.

SuperDuper and TimeMachine will each ask which partition you want to use. You should carefully read which partition they're asking about before you say OK.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8