OK, then I won't worry about it. If I want to go back to Lion, I'll bug you guys about the tricky parts. smile

The questions I asked JoeMike yesterday. Thanks for asking.

1. So, can I make a clone of Lion and Mt. Lion onto my external drive (Super Duper) without partitioning it? Would that be better? I am just kind of finding my way through all of this. I have never had an external drive nor felt the need. Now for some reason I think I need one.

2. Can I put Mt. Lion on TM and just clone Lion without partitioning the drive external drive?

3. I thought that I should also clone Mt. Lion since it's not bootable form TM. Is that possible?

I want to make this as simple as possible. My needs are few.

4. If I find I have to partition the drive because TM and SD can't be "together" on the same drive, would 50/50 be good?

Help, I just want this to be over.....

Rita

Originally Posted By: ganbustein
Originally Posted By: plantsower
I think you're right about me not knowing the difference as I am a new user to Lion. I am not entrenched. I don't understand the quote:
Time Machine can restore to a prior OS. Let TM do a full disk restore to a time when you were on the prior OS, then let TM recover your home folder (or perhaps just your documents folder) back to its latest state. Maybe once I've familiarized myself with TM I will get that.

Don't worry about that. That's an advanced topic. I was responding to artie505, who was wondering if we were telling you to paint yourself into a corner, and I was assuring him that we were not. I see no likelihood that you would ever want to revert from MtLion back to Lion, but should the need arise the option will be there. (It will be somewhat tricky, though, and not to be undertaken lightly.)

Originally Posted By: plantsower
I'm still waiting on anwers to questions I asked a day or two ago, then I will start my backups.

I've lost track. Which questions are you still waiting answers on?

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8