Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: plantsower
Help, I just want this to be over..... confused

Rita

First, refer back to ryck's post and brew yourself up a bathtub full of your favorite time-killing beverage.

He-he.

Now, let's re-examine your intent, which is, as I understand it, to d/l Mt. Lion within your time window (8-24 latest) and have it available as a potential upgrade from Lion if you should choose to upgrade. Correct?

Er, I was going to download Mountain Lion directly to my Mac after I had cloned Lion to my external drive. If I really hate Mt. Lion, then I want to be able to go back. I have an email into Canon because since I upgraded to Safari 6.0, I cannot preview my documents before I print. But that's another story.

If so, then you've got the next 18-20 days to immerse yourself in Lion, find out what you like and don't like about it, do some research to see if you find Mt. Lion to be a more desirable option, and still be within your d/l window.

If I've got that straight, start immersing yourself in both Lion and your bathtub, and I'll refer back to joemikeb's post after you've responded.

There are a couple of things I already don't like about Lion that I hope get fixed with Mt. Lion so...

Thank you for taking so much time to help me. I do plan to buy a book soon for Lion or Mt. Lion. Not sure if there is any other kind of book I need to answer these types of questions. Any suggestions? Rita

Welcome to the brave new world of "It just works!" tongue

Edit: And since it's free, it'll make sense for you to d/l Mt.Lion under any circumstances...just to have around, maybe even play with, if only for the heck of it.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8