Originally Posted By: plantsower
I've been looking at Mountain Lion and don't know that I need to upgrade (unless forced to by Apple not supporting Lion stuff). Their policies are becoming disheartening.

This info scared me because it looks like I lose some stuff (RSS feed for one that I use), and I don't understand the info about the recovery HD mentioned, etc. The message that may pop up during the download would probably confuse me. Just looking for a good reason not to download it even though it's free because of my recent purchase of a macbook pro. smile I think I am too untechy to do this for sure.

Installing Mountain Lion

RSS in older versions isn't very good. You can continue to use RSS; just use an RSS program like NetNewsWire, which is free. You can download it here.

The warning messages that worry you about installing Mountain Lion only apply if you use Boot Camp. If you don't know what that is, you don't use it. (Boot Camp is a way to erase and set aside part of your hard drive to let your computer run Microsoft Windows if you want it to. It is not the same as running Microsoft Windows using a program like VMWare Fusion or Parallels.)

If you do not have part of your hard drive specially erased and partitioned for Windows, then you do not need to worry about seeing those error messages; they don't apply to you.

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html