Hey, quit pointing it out that it was all in the previous discussion. You're making me feel embarrassed..... blush as I should! LOL! I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the new info. I'll look for that model number at Amazon and maybe a few other places now. Thanks for the tip about not installing any of the software. I am sure I would have been confused when that option came up.
Rita

Originally Posted By: grelber
Mine is, as noted in a previous post, WD My Passport Essential SE 1 TB Portable Hard Drive, Model WDBACX0010BSL. It's silver (to match the trim on my iMac) and also comes in black (which might be cheaper).
Also, as noted earlier, it cost $109 at a Canadian electronics superstore (Future Shop) just after the SE Asian flooding (ie, when all the HD factories were destroyed or not producing product and prices were climbing day by day due to the shortage — prior to that the cost was ca $70).

Should you get this, do not install any software on the CD provided. Just plug it in and your Mac will ask if you want to use it for backup with Time Machine. Say yes, and let your Mac do its thing. (All that's in previous discussion too.)

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8