Originally Posted By: donikatz
Jon, I never knew you had snakes. What kind? I used to have a red tail boa, and also babysat a Rosy boa and a Burmese python.
We have two black rat snakes named Coil and Coilette. They are sisters aged 8 and 9 respectively. We have had them since October when we adopted them at the request of my former herpetology professor. He wild-caught their mother and bred her to get our two girls. Sadly, he is terminally ill, living in a nursing home, and unable to care for them. His wife is not in the best of health either so she couldn't do it.

Previously, we had a garter snake named Herpes (named after herpetology, naturally) who died last September at the age of 9, at least at our best guess. My wife caught her on our street while taking a walk and we kept her for 6 years. Or should I say that my wife caught Herpes when she was a streetwalker? tongue

Boas and pythons are too big for my taste. Our girls are 5 feet long, weigh around 1 kilogram and very tame.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365