After 11 days of messing with iCloud, I've decided to shut it off and sync with iTunes for the following reasons:

1. I am losing enormous amounts of time fiddling with iCloud. For me, time is money. I'm not getting a return on my investment of time and I don't need a lot of the things it provides.

2. By watching the synchronization process, It appears to my untrained eye that the heavy duty synchronization work is being handled by Wi-Fi. My ISP, Verizon, seems to handle the email, phone calls and much of the web surfing, but the heavy duty synchronization seems to be limited to when I have access to Wi-Fi.

3. I've had a lingering concern about the ultimate security of iCloud. I have no personal knowledge that would enable me to make an informed decision, but it hasn't been on the market long enough to enable us unskilled users to make a judgment.

I want to thank you folks who have given me such great advice. I'm loving the iPhone 4S. As an added bonus, I have been very surprised at the quality of the camera. I move the images to PhotoShop and, with very little adjustment, the photos are just plain gorgeous.

Mac Pro dual Quad-Core Intel Xeons Early 2008; 16GB RAM; MacOS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.5