It appears that, although Reader 10.1.3 was installed without incident, there actually are problems with it.

When I tried to print an online PDF, the dialogue box showed a blank page. If I tried a "Save As", a dialogue box said it can't be done. I tried both actions at a few sites and the results were consistent. As well, I tried with FireFox (I use Safari) and it was no better.

I went to the Adobe site and, while they had various suggestions, none generated a positive result. I finally reverted to 10.1.2 and things were back to normal.

Note: In reverting I found that 10.1.3 had two plug-ins where 10.12 only had one. In my first attempt I didn't properly change the plug-ins and had problems.

When you go to Hard Drive/Library/Internet Plug-Ins, after the 10.1.3 upgrade, you will find that there is a 10.1.3 AdobePDFViewer plug-in as well as another called AdobePDFViewerNPAPI.

As well as changing back to 10.1.2 AdobePDFViewer plug-in, I found I also had to remove the AdobePDFViewerNPAPI.

Last edited by ryck; 04/24/12 06:06 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C