It would appear you're not alone in having problems with Outlook 2011. This is part of a note from a MacWorld Weekly bulletin I receive:

"Reader Charles Dane has entered a hellish loop of Microsoft's design. He writes: "I installed the latest Office 2011 update and now I can't open Outlook. When I try I'm told that I must update my Office database. I do that and some tool appears that updates my identity. When it completes I'm then told that there's a problem with the Office database and I have to rebuild it. Okay, so I do that and then I'm told that my identity is older than the version of Outlook that I'm now using. The solution is to launch Outlook to rebuild the identity, but when i do that, the loop starts over. Help!"

I'm afraid you're not alone. I encountered the same problem as I'm sure many others did (particularly given that Microsoft issued a support document that outlines every inconvenient step you must take to make Outlook usable again.
- Christopher Breen"

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C