Quote:
I couldn't disagree more. For clarity, I completely disagree.

Actually, you couldn't misunderstand more. Did I say anything about silly "karma" points? That's one option. A better one is where questions marked as such give the original poster (only) the ability to assign credit to helpful and correct answers. These points tally into ratings. That way, the more helpful posters are found, the more points, the better rating.

Either you have never been on the same forums as me down the years, or you live on a different planet.

From such an answer, I think I'd be quite content to live on a different planet than you. Can we keep things civil? I'd think you'd be better off learning more about psychology, group dynamics, and internet usage trends than just scoffing and belittling. This is about realism, human nature, and the trending of internet usage, not about you or me or what some old-school geek users do. As Macs have become more mainstream, wider audiences and newer trends have to be catered to, like it or not. Some need to get lives, others need to get real.

Keeper of the Magic Nickel