Originally Posted By: artie505
For a few years I drank 24 cans of Pepsi/day, but after having drank 2 liters (c. 5 2/3 cans)/day for the last 30 or so years I'm now down to 3 or 4 cans/day.

If that's the regular, sugar (of whatever source) containing stuff, that'd be way more than I could handle. I vividly recall a college physiology lab course where we had to consume various amounts of sugar and test our blood glucose levels every hour for several hours. Sugar amounts varied from 5 to 500 (!) grams, usually more or less dissolved in water to ease ingestion. My sugar load was a lowly 50 grams (about 1 can of soda's worth), and I could barely manage that between gagging fits. frown

Suffice it to say that my soda consumption is only about a can or two per year, when away from home and the available water is overly chlorinated or otherwise disagreeable. I do like sweet, but try to go for the non-sugar varieties of it. But that's mostly because I'm lazy: what I don't take in I don't have to sweat away. Which leads me to the question: how did/do you handle that torrent of sodie calories? shocked

alternaut moderator