Originally Posted By: Hal Itosis
Originally Posted By: artie505
And while I'm revisiting the subject, I'll mention that unless I've missed something, a major advantage that ImageShackUploader offers over Dropbox is an immediate set of links on my desktop when I upload an image, whereas as far as I can tell, I've got to visit dropbox.com to link to images uploaded there.

You've missed something: the contextual-menu will give us a link right in Finder. I never visit dropbox.com for anything (anymore).

With regards to the cookie situation, thanks for the great sleuthing. As mentioned however, visiting dropbox.com directly is virtually unnecessary.

And therein lies the rub...

Per /Users/artie/Dropbox/Public/How to use the Public folder.txt:

Quote:
The Public folder lets you easily share single files in your Dropbox. Any file you put in this folder gets its own Internet link that you can share with others -- even non-Dropbox users!

Step 1: Drop a file into the Public folder.

Step 2: Right-click this file, then choose Dropbox > Copy Public Link. This copies an Internet link to your file that you can paste anywhere: emails, instant messages, blogs, etc.

But this is what a right-click generates. (I only get the "Copy public link" option at dropbox.com, thereby my "Unless....")

I keep Dropbox in a non-standard location, but even moving it to /Apps or /Apps/Utils doesn't change anything.

Is what I'm doing incorrectly apparent to you?

And as for the cookie situation... You ain't seen nothin' yet! (My long-awaited and eagerly anticipated tongue thread is close to publication.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire