> [not sure i want to create an account there just to find out... but it's probably the only way.]

I'm in the same situation as you, so please post your findings if you do create an account.

(I delete all my Google cookies other than prefs periodically, which seems like it ought to be at least somewhat limiting, at the least.)

Thanks.

Edit: Y'know, I just remembered having received an e-mail (about this very subject) from Google a few days back, and it's now occurred to me to question how they got my Verizon e-mail address; I've got no record or recollection of ever having opened any sort of account with Google...GMail or other.

Anybody got a clue?

Edit 2: Just to convince myself, I entered the address to which the Google e-mail had been sent in their log-in pane, and I found that it was associated with an account, set up a new password, logged in to my account, and found that "History" had been turned off.

Oops! blush I maintain an encrypted disk image (10Mb...I've never been able to get a sparse image to work.) just to store the 8Kb record of my log-in IDs and passwords, and I now remember having created a Google account the day I found out that "History" could be turned off, months ago, but for the life of me, I can't imagine why I didn't leave myself a record of that account. (I now wonder how many other forgotten accounts I've got?)

Last edited by artie505; 02/24/12 09:37 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire