Originally Posted By: ryck
Maybe it's not too far-fetched. I only bothered to look because I long ago had to open a gmail account in order to use Google Analytics (to track usage on my daughter's page).

I have never, ever used the gmail account but I followed the process anyway....more out of curiosity than anything else. What I found was an up-to-date list of the places I visit when on the web...nothing at all related to mail.

Have never used the email account, have never used their browser, and yet..... Hmmmm.

shocked

Well that's why google is "worth" billions, that's what they do (though i'd be curious how they tied all that activity back to "you" -- i guess cookie processing is all it takes).

But still... for someone with no previous account... if i go create one now, will there be some old history file (of my various browsers' movements over the years) that they'll then attach to my newly created 'official' account? That would be even freakier. [not sure i want to create an account there just to find out... but it's probably the only way.]

Not worried, just wonderin'.