Thanks for the post.

> A lot of folks believe that Apple will soon forbid distributing software except through the Mac app store. I find this belief to be deluded. It ignores reality--OS X isn't a locked operating system; few people would use it if it were; large, complex apps like Adobe Creative Studio are unlikely ever to be distributed via the MAS; developers would be unlikely to code apps for such a platform...

The delusion comes from the fact that people look at smartphones and think of them as portable computers, and so ask "Well, if smartphones can be locked down, why can't computers?" But people use smartphones differently from computers and have different expectations.

Well... I'm one of those "deluded" people (Read me.), but my "delusion" is rooted in extreme cynicism about...distrust of Apple's motives, rather than as you've guessed.

I've got zero idea, and can't even begin to guess, what they've got in mind, but while your point is valid, I'll bet the farm that what they've begun is nowhere near finished.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire