This morning I tried logging into my bank account but the bank did not recognize my machine and went to it's security process of asking for the answer to a personal question.

The only time I've ever had that happen is when I've deleted a preference file.

I'm currently running a full disk scan of ClamXav (about 3/5 of the way through) and so far the scan log shows a quarantine for BC.Exploit.CVE_2011_3412

Curiously it's attached to a very old Excel file...about 6 or 7 years. The file is one that the client will have kept on file so it's not an issue to delete it.

Once ClamXav is done, is there something I should be doing other than deleting files?

EDIT: The ClamXav scan was begun after I had first booted from my clone and used DiskWarrior to repair files and rebuild the directory. My first assumption was that I had done something that would cause the bank not to be able to find whatever it needs to find in order to recognize my machine.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: It's been a while since I've done a full disk scan but, when it was done previously (both by ClamXav and by Sophos), the BC Exploit item wasn't found.

UPDATE: ClamXav has concluded the scan and found BC Exploit in five places:

In the quarantine folder this is a .xls Excel file
/Data/dpi Media/Projects & Proposals/Clientname Projects/Union/Rating Process/RatersNotes04:19:04.xls: moved to '/Users/myname/Desktop/Quarantine/RatersNotes04:19:04.xls'

In the quarantine folder this is a textedit type of Document
/Users/myname/Library/Mail/Mailboxes/Projectname/~All Else/Raters Notes.mbox/mbox: moved to '/Users/myname/Desktop/Quarantine/mbox'

In the quarantine folder these three are mail messages
/Users/myname/Library/Mail/Mailboxes/Projectname/~All Else/Raters Notes.mbox/Messages/2197.emlx: moved to '/Users/myname/Desktop/Quarantine/2197.emlx'

/Users/myname/Library/Mail/Mailboxes/Projectname/~All Else/Reports-Data.mbox/Messages/2235.emlx: moved to '/Users/myname/Desktop/Quarantine/2235.emlx'

/Users/myname/Library/Mail/Mailboxes/Projectname/~All Else/Unsorted.mbox/Messages/2517.emlx: moved to '/Users/myname/Desktop/Quarantine/2517.emlx'

Last edited by ryck; 02/04/12 08:34 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C