Originally Posted By: Xavier Noria
Originally Posted By: artie505
[quote=Xavier Noria]
You should also be able to boot into your Lion Recovery Partition. (I think an option boot is how you get to it.)

Edit: It would be interesting to see whether you're able to boot into that partition.

Good point. I booted holding Command-R and nothing different happens. This is a mid 2009 laptop so I guess it does not know how to boot from Apple servers.

I don't have the HD clone here, but will have in a few hours today.

I'm not running Lion, so I'm working from memory rather than experience, but I believe you can get to your Recovery Partition by depressing the option key when you boot. (I'm not certain whether you can do it from a restart or must shut down first, so try the latter.)

> This is a mid 2009 laptop so I guess it does not know how to boot from Apple servers.

It doesn't boot from Apple's servers; it boots into the Recovery Partition. It connects with Apple's servers only if it's reinstalling Lion. (Somebody please correct me if that "only" is incorrect.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire