Originally Posted By: artie505
On the one hand, I think I now know what to do with your script ( wink ), but on the other hand, I have no more than a vague idea what "run without any arg" means,

It means —when we go to execute the script —we only type its name:

cfc

[cfc, or whatever string with which you chose to name the file... and no other text at all.]
i.e., "args" are anything after the command itself [usually options or pathnames]

In this case, any non-whitespace after the command is treated as an argument.

So...

cfc x
cfc -v
cfc FTM
cfc /System/Library/* /mach_kernel
cfc -i been working on the railroad all the live-long day

...any of those (or etc., etc.), will erase flash cookies.

EDIT/ looks like i excluded
-h in order to print out some help text.

(Edit: Does it mean to omit [ . . . ] from the script?)

No... but you (or anyone) is certainly free to edit the script to alter its behavior in that (or any other) regard.
[at which point i take no credit or blame for any consequences]

That aside, though, I accomplish the same thing via Safari Cookies > Flash Cookies.

Safari Cookies clears the flash cache too???
Great.

But what does your script accomplish as respects Flash prefs (apparently) spontaneously reverting to default?

Nothin'.
It doesn't touch adobe's stuff at all (other than displaying mod date, size, etc.)
The deletion only applies to 3rd-party item's (in this case adobe is a 1st or 2nd party).

In conclusion: I use it for listing mostly, to keep track of goings on... only rarely do i desire to wipe out all (3rd-party) junk. So it's mainly a way to observe everything stored in those areas, without fishing around in Finder.

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 01/23/12 07:22 PM.