Originally Posted By: artie505
2. I wasn't questioning the great buy you got when I quoted the Staples US and CA policies, merely pointing out that that's all that I or any other consumer has to go on. (In your example, "Form of Proof 01-Circular/ROP" suggests that you may have benefitted from some sort of promotion, and if not, were you aware in advance of the refund you were going to get or surprised by it, and if the former, how were you made aware of it?)

At the risk of further offending the sensibilities of the moderators with respect to the errant tangential path this thread has taken ...

Staples has numerous internal computer codes in their cash register system to account for the vagaries of their price-matching policy (since they don't keep the circulars or other materials or forward same to their accounting department — imagine the paper movement that would generate), and the store manager can override even those. Hence they punched in 01 as proof of another price they were willing to match. So that's their process.

As for the reference to Circular/ROP there:
I went to customer service (as mentioned) and asked the clerk to look online for the price match (I forget where, but it was some electronics store with Web presence). He found it and for whatever reason (he may have been too harried to consider whether it was legitimate from Staples' perspective ... who knows?) agreed with me, printed out the ad and told me to take it to the checkout. I did, they accepted it, and the rest is history (as documented in the receipt information given above).

Finally, I was surprised, because I didn't believe they'd do what they did. It may have been a comedy of errors, but I wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth.

And just to bring it back to the original topic ...
Both Brother and Lexmark have new drivers available on Apple's download site. Both brands of laser printers are excellent. I chose my Lexmark E120n on the basis price (as noted earlier) and have enjoyed it for the past couple years.