Originally Posted By: grelber
Originally Posted By: artie505
I think "Preview Release" inherently means no more advanced than beta, and why are you averse to installing one? (I never ran it, but OS X 10.0 was essentially a beta.)
I've run numerous betas with no ill effects (although I did have one close call), and it's bug reports from beta testers that generate ultimately (hopefully, fully) functional products.

I'm not savvy enough to do beta testing. So if something were to go radically wrong, I'd be up you-know-what's creek without a paddle. Noting again from their download page:
"DNSCrypt is immediately available as a technology preview. It should work, shouldn't cause problems, but we're still making iterative changes regularly."

Actually, you've come a long way from your initial un-savviness, but I understand the way you feel, particularly with an app such as DNSCrypt.

My approach to beta testing is maintaining an up-to-date clone in case I hose my boot volume.

Originally Posted By: grelber
I'll wait for the alpha version.

Alpha precedes beta; you're waiting for the official release version.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire