Originally Posted By: jchuzi
Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: jchuzi
I get the same thing. Instead of trashing a plist and a cache, I tried simply resetting my preferences. They seem to stick for awhile and then revert. I can't explain it.

All I do is reset my prefs; it's easier than and just as effective as trashing stuff.
I think that I have found the cause. I checked my Flash preferences and they were OK (Block all sites from storing information on this computer). I then used Flush, which found no Flash cookies, of course, but deleted the relevant preference file. Immediately, my Flash preferences reverted to default (Allow sites to save information on this computer). I reset my preferences and then used Cocktail (via its Pilot setting) to clear Flash Player caches and Flash Player cookies. Again, Flash preferences reverted to default. I reset them and they seem to be holding.

Have you been doing anything similar?

Funny you should post today, because my prefs reverted to default just last night (for the first time since I last reported on Dec. 21), but what, precisely, do you think is the cause?

The only utility I use is Yasu, which doesn't clear anything that causes reversion...just tried.

On the other hand, I cleared two Flash cookies (two separate occurrences...via Safari Cookies) last night, but I've cleared other such cookies in the interim with no reversion.

I'm still at a loss, but I'm trying to be fastidious about watching what's happening.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire