Originally Posted By: wmike1503
Yet another example of the Mac OS X problems (been using Mac for a year now - falls well short of it's press - no more reliable than Windows).

Aside from Spotlight being unable to search my NAS devices - I now have custom access suddenly appearing all over my folders - including my NAS.

Excluding the Spotlight issue (save that for another thread), what exactly is the 'problem'?

As i alluded above —even when Finder Get Info windows behave properly —they (by design) do not convey the full status of objects (e.g., execute bits, ACLs and other fancy permissions info aren't specifically detailed). To see the full story, use Terminal or one of the other utilities above.

Originally Posted By: wmike1503
Most of the time my (admin) account doesn't show up in the info window at all - bizarre.

Guess I stuck with it for now. Suffice to say the Mac's file handling and directory capabilities fell well short of those found on any windows machine.

A very disappointed new user of Macs, certainly not a convert.

>> Most of the time my (admin) account doesn't show up in the info window at all - bizarre.<<

That's not necessarily a problem... in fact it may even be 100% correct, but you didn't mention *where* those items are. More info needed to determine whether 'bizarre' is an appropriate adjective or not. And if it turns out to be bizarre, there is probably a way to normalize matters... but again, more specific info is needed.